Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my job! Styling people and blogging; could it be any better? But even with that
dream job, I sometimes needs a little boost during the day to cheer me up! My old friend “afternoon
munchies” is now satisfied with all my healthy protein snacks!
Here’s one of my favorite recipes and it is sooooooooooooo easy because there is NO BAKING! These are the QUICK. EASY. HEALTHY ENERGY BITES!
Put on a good feelin’good playlist and take out these ingredients:
- 1 cup of old fashioned raw oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I like the natural one)
- ½ cup of golden flaxseed meal, ground
- ⅔ cup unsweetened toasted coconut (I like to mix shredded and flaked)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional, but it adds protein, omega3 and fiber)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Put the bowl into the refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes to chill the mixture
- Remove from fridge and shape into 1 ½ inch balls
Tada! You’ll have about 20 little healthy bites. Keep them in the fridge in a airtight container up to a week. But I guess you won’t need a week to eat them all! Drink water and skip the nasty processed food by enjoying those power bites and you’ll have more energy to pass through the afternoon!
Don’t hesitate to substitute ingredients. Here are a few possible substitutions:
- Peanut butter: sunflower or pumpkin butter
- Chocolate chips: crushed nuts or dried fruits
- Honey: agave sirup
Feel free to share with us your FAV recipe!
#vegetarian #glutenfree #easyrecipe
** To gently toast the coconut: Put the coconut in a cooking pan at medium heat for a a few minutes till the color is slightly changing to golden brown.